Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastases
Colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer-related death, with over 150,000 people newly diagnosed every year in the US 1. As many as 50-60% of these patients ultimately develop liver metastases 2. Colorectal cancer is the leading cause of death in men younger than 50 years of age 3.
Surgical resection is the best opportunity to improve overall survival; however, only a fraction of patients are eligible:
- 20% at diagnosis 4
- 15% after systemic treatment *5
*some regimens may potentially increase that % rate
Even if resection is possible, recurrence is high:
- 75% recur within 2 years 6
- 50% of which recur in the liver 6
Adjuvant systemic chemotherapy does not improve overall survival 6.
Medical oncologists need more impactful solutions to increase patients’ chances for resection and change the course of disease progression.
HAI therapy can benefit patients with CRLM in unresectable and adjuvant applications with the potential to:
- Reduce tumor burden and improve disease control to achieve conversion to surgical resection
- Prevent or delay recurrence post resection
- Increase overall survival